"I need to get off my bum and go get a new cell phone, but it seems like a pain. I look in the windows of cellular stores and see all these sales clerks that cannot be thirteen years old. Seriously, I'm going to conduct business with a junior high cheerleader? Ugh. I can't face it. She is gonna tell me junk about the latest brandX super-phone-with-buttons-and features-up-the-wazoo, and then I'm gonna have to feign interest just long enough to say, really all I need is a phone. Maybe a camera phone would be nice. THEN she is gonna giggle like the brainless twit that she is, and rattle off some scripted, overly rehearsed, and totally unconvincing sales speech about said brand's super-camera-phone-with-buttons-and-features-up-the-wazoo! Once again to be polite, I will suffer through it just long enough to squeeze in a comment like, really just a simple phone...nothing fancy. She'll look at me like a I am some sort of old luddite codger and direct me to the display of 14 phones that come in 68 colors, all fully customizable to the slightest weird quirk the user might have. Aaaaagh. The horror of it all. I just want a @#*!* PHONE! Then I will strangle her little chicken neck until fluids burst from her eyes and then spend the rest of my days in a padded cell. Which actually seems like a nice alternative to shopping for a cell phone."Thanks Bro, for making me look like a totally lucid and reasonable person.
In lieu of today's quote we are playing tag! I was tagged by another blogger (Live the Life), so here goes...
7 random things about me
1. People who stay in the right hand lane when they are going straight, preventing me from turning right on a red light, makes me crazy.
2. I love to pour milk over my ice cream cuz it makes little crunchy pockets of frozen milk.
3. When I was a kid I put aluminum foil on my teeth to pretend I had braces.
4. Unloading the dishwasher is the worst chore ever!
5. I know all the words to old sit-com theme songs like, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Love Boat and The Addams Family...plus I actually think it might come in handy someday!
6. I am always embarrassed by pumping gas, because I am afraid I won't do it right (I have never been bowling for the same reason).
7. I am a recovering cheapskate (I said recovering not CURED!).