ren·e·gade [ren-i-geyd]--noun person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles or who behaves in a rebelliously unconventional manner. Who? Moi? No, certainly not. Really? Hmm. Well, whether yea or nay I am now carrying the renegade badge. On my blog anyway.
I have started a regular gig over at The Renegade Farmer. You know, writing stuff. That is until someone figures out that a) I can't write b) I am not actually a farmer or c) I am secretly a closet conformist.
Anyway you look at it, it is a cool gig though. I mean these are like super legit, real farm type people with cows and hay and other farmy stuff. And here's me with my one bedraggled garden, a library full of urban farming manuals, four crazy children, one mouser cat, one hunky hubby and two somewhat illegal chickens. I suppose the illegal chicken thing might earn me renegade status in the more civilized parts of town, but my neighbors already know I am a little off my rocker so chickens don't even get noticed. I would like to have bees too, but they are really illegal inside the city limits, so probably not going to happen. Although my little subdivision is surrounded by potato and alfalfa fields. If someone was willing to let me put them in a little corner then perhaps...
At any rate, I am pleased to announce my current renegade status. I am no Han Solo or Jack Sparrow...yet. But trust me, I am working on it. I am a rebel I tell ya...no good!
In the mean time. I got a little nod from Felicity over at Simple Elegance. A pretty amazing young person who for some reason doesn't wear pants. Renegades are blooming everywhere I guess. So being the obedient renegade that I am (yes, and funny), here are 7 things about me...
1. People stopped in the right hand lane when they are going straight, preventing me from turning right on a red light, makes me crazy.
2. I love to pour milk over my ice cream cuz it makes little crunchy pockets of frozen milk.
3. When I was a kid I put aluminum foil on my teeth to pretend I had braces. No, seriously, it looked super real.
4. Unloading the dishwasher is the worst chore ever!
5. I know all the words to old sit-com theme songs like, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Love Boat and The Addams Family...plus I actually think it might come in handy someday! Big bucks!
6. I paid for full service at the gas pump forever because I was afraid I wouldn't do it right. (I have never been bowling for the same reason).
7. I am a recovering cheapskate (I said recovering not CURED!).
Quote of the Day: "Not all those who wander are lost."