Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GiveThanks

Happy Thanksgiving all.  We will be spending a quiet day at the house with our little fam.  Here is the menu for the day...
Roast Chicken--the six of us cannot eat a whole turkey, plus I found a good deal on organic freerange chicken--go with the flow ya know!
Asparagus --with a nice sauce I saw Emeril make on TV
Sweet Potatoes --not sure how I am going to do these yet, I will see what they say on Thursday
Mushed Potatoes --This is Idaho--it's the law!
Apple Cake --Thanks to my friend Eve for the recipe, really yummy and easy. I can use the last of the apples from my own tree, and it is great topped with fresh cream from the dairy down the road--let's hear it for eating local baby!
Pumpkin Pie --wimping out with canned stuff, but I will do my own crust--does that count?
Crudites, Crackers & Cheese--gotta have something for everyone to munch on while we are cooking. Of course everyone will be full by the time dinner is served, but hey, it is Thanksgiving, right?
Salad of course will make its way to the table as well, and we will top it all off with a nice sparkling cranberry/lime punch that I am going to make up as I go along :)
The most important part of this holiday is celebrating our earthly abundance with food, family, friends and gratitude for all of it!  I hope that each of you has a pleasant day and that we can all be truly grateful for the blessed lives we lead.  For those friends and family whom I will not see around my table this year...I love you and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering! I love smaller gatherings. You guys will have a fun day! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day. There really is a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete