Tuesday, January 20, 2015

UP UP and Away: The Theory of Evolution

returnyoga.org
I have been thinking lately about evolution. No, not that evolution, although only my hair dresser knows how dangerously close I am coming to having but a single eyebrow. No, the evolution of me as a person, as a Christian, as a yogi, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, writer etc. All the things that make me, me. And you, you. I do not think that my ideas about important things have really changed much, but in some ways, as I learn more about stuff, my ideas have evolved. Certain ideas have broadened and expanded while others have come into sharper focus.

I love learning. Sometimes to my detriment because I often jump from subject to subject and I find myself in middle age, the pupil of numerous subjects, but an expert of none. But maybe that is ok. Maybe it is ok to be the student. Perhaps it is a great thing to keep evolving and learning. Gosh, how boring would it be if we didn't continually grow and change and become. If we didn't take a few chances now and then, learn something new, try something different! The world is our classroom and all that jazz. Just a thought.


Quote of the Day: "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment